Please click on various sections below to see rates and fees associated.
- Encumbrance Permit: $50
- Excavation Permit: $75 + Infrared Deposit (if applicable)
- Sewer Connection Permit:
- $15.00 for residential, institutional or commercial service
- $30.00 for industrial service
*Inspection fees may apply.
Click here to submit a permit application online
Recycling Center Fees
Items that can be brought to the Keene Recycling Center at NO CHARGE:
- Glass food and beverage containers (no ceramics, window glass, drinking glasses, bake ware or light bulbs.)
- Steel cans
- Aluminum cans
- Aluminum foil
- PETE #1 (Polyethylene Terephalate) and HDPE #2 (High Density Polyethylene) plastics (tops are OK)
- Newspapers (inserts are OK)
- Mixed paper (including magazines, catalogs, junk mail, envelopes, stationary, computer paper, office paper, boxboard and shredded paper)
- Paper bags
- Corrugated cardboard
- Automobile batteries
- Used clothing (must be clean, dry and bagged)
- Scrap metal
- Yard trimmings (leaves, grass clippings, pine needles)
- Cell phones
- Cooking oil (liquid)
- Passenger car tires without rims (Keene residents ONLY - 4 tires per registered vehicle)
- Metal appliances (except those that contain a refrigerant)
- Compact fluorescent light bulbs
- Dispose of lead fishing weights. (located at the recycling center public area, near the book and magazine drop off.)
Public Refuse Drop Off Rates:
- Checks and disposal tickets only - cash is NOT accepted at the recycling center.
- Disposal tickets are available for sale at the Keene Recycling Center and City Hall Revenue Collections Office.
- Tickets are good for 20 bags (400 pounds of refuse)
- $2.00 per 33 gallon (or smaller) bag, up to 10 bags.
- $4.00 per bag for larger than 33 gallons.
- $0.10/lb for more than 10 bags or loose refuse including furniture.
- Christmas Trees are $2.00 each. Trees must be free of all lights and decorations.
Other Service Fees: (*Minimum $2.00 Charge)
- Brush (per pound): $0.027
- Compost bins may be purchased for: $46.00 (Keene residents) and $66.00 (non-Keene residents)
- Recyclable Construction Debris $120 per ton or $.06/lb.
- Mixed load of construction debris (non-recyclable/ resident customers only): $0.10/lb
- Electronics: $0.45/lb
- Florescent light bulbs: $0.15/foot
- Mattresses w/ Innersprings (each): $20.00
- Box springs: $2.50
- Foam and Futon mattresses are charged as household refuse ($0.10/lb)
- Refuse Tipping fee: $200/ton ($0.10/lb).
- Passenger tires
- Off Rim: $2.00
- On Rim: $5.00
- Truck Tires: $5.50 (Prices vary by size)
- Truck tires on rim: $10.00
- Propane Tanks: (up to 20lbs): $2.00 (30-100lbs): $20.00
- Acetylene and Oxygen tanks: $25.00
- Helium Tanks: $5.00
- Fire Extinguishers: $10.00
- Shingles, clean load (tar paper, nails, some flashing is ok), no plastic, vinyl or trash mixed in: $0.0525/lb or $105.00/ton
Pressure treated (PT) lumber is non-recyclable wood and would go into the trash at $.10/lb.
Any non PT lumber that has paint, stain or nails, can still be recycled. Wood from cabinets or particle board can also be recycled at $.06/lb.
There is also free compost available for the taking.
Recyclable Electronics or E-Waste:
$9.00 minimum for small items such a computer tower, keyboard, monitor, small printers laptops and smartphones. Larger items such as TV’s, office copiers and microwaves etc. are at $0.45/lb.
Not Allowed Items:
- Smoke Detectors: Dispose of with your trash.
- Ammunition: Bring to local Police department.
- Fireworks should be brought to the Keene Fire Department.
- Gun powder to the State Police.
Hours are Monday-Friday 7:00-3:00 PM and Saturdays 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
We are CLOSED for the following holidays:
New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day
Keene Recycling Center is located off Route 12, at 55 Old Summit Road, Keene, NH 03431 Directions
Click here for current Water/Sewer Rates for 2019.