The City of Keene, Public Works Department will be replacing water main gate valves to improve system reliability on the following streets:
- Wilber Street at Sunset Terrace
- Wilber Street at Water Street
- River Street at Leverett Street
- River Street at Mayflower Drive
- North Street at Carrol Street
- Giffin Street at Sullivan Street
- Ridgewood Ave. at Blossom Street
- Royal Ave. at Wakefield Street
- Arlington Street at Wakefield Street
The City will hire a private Contractor to perform the gate valves replacement project. This project is expected to begin in mid- April 2019 and will last for approximately eight weeks. The work hours will be between 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Properties within the work area will have their water service interrupted for approximately 6 to 8 hours. Our contractor will provide a water shut off notice 48 hours prior to the work. If this temporary disruption will cause you hardship, we can provide bottled water for your use.
Customers should also expect some minor disruption to traffic, including lane closure in the vicinity of the work. Although the work area will be properly marked and barricaded, drivers and pedestrians should use extra caution when they are near open excavations or construction equipment.
Questions and concerns regarding this project can be directed to Donald R. Lussier, P.E., City Engineer or Yelma Desseta, the City’s Project Manager, at the Department of Public Works, 350 Marlboro Street, (603)-352-6550.