The City of Keene Public Works Department will be reconstructing Main Street this spring/summer between the Roundabout and Baker Street. The reconstruction project consists of the following:
- Underground utilities replacement/ upgrade
- Installation of concrete sidewalk with granite curbs
- Installation of raised center island with granite curbs
- Installation of street lights and landscaping
- Installation of rapid flashing beacons at crosswalks
Construction will begin on Thursday, May 30, 2019, and will last for about eight weeks. During that time, you may encounter some minor disruption to vehicle and pedestrian traffic, including lane and sidewalk closure in the vicinity of the work. Please be patient with us as we complete these important improvements to our transportation and utility network. Although the work area will be properly marked and barricaded, drivers and pedestrians should use extra caution when they are near open excavations or construction equipment.
If you have any questions regarding this post please call our office at 352-6550.