Need homework help? Do you want a study for the SAT or ACT? Visit Tutor.com
Want to learn a new language? Visit Mango.com.
Take a free online course in babysitting, pet care, crafts, mathematics, and more. Visit Universal Class.
Ebooks for Kids
- AudioBookCloud offers streaming children's audiobooks in English and Spanish.
- Biblioboard Juvenile Fiction and Biblioboard Juvenile NonFiction
- Ebsco eBooks is primarily a collection of fiction and nonfiction books for children and tweens. This video shows how to search for ebooks and read them online.
- Flipster Digital Magazines Digital magazines, coloring books, and graphic novels for children and parents as well as French and Spanish readers. Magazines can be read online or downloaded to Android™ phones and tablets, Apple® phones and tablets, and Kindle Fire tablets for offline reading anytime, anywhere. Download the Flipster app at your favorite app store. Find libraries near you that offer Flipster, then explore, download, and read magazines any time on your device. For more information, check out the system requirements and the FAQ.
- New Hampshire Downloadable Books Use your KPL card to check out downloadable audiobooks and also eBooks for Kindles, Nooks, iPads, PCs, Macs, and other reading devices. Browse hundreds of bestselling titles and download them to your device for your enjoyment anywhere, anytime. Get the Libby app for your smartphone or tablet and start downloading ebooks and audiobooks today! Available 24/7. Get help with NH Downloadables.
- TumbleBookCloud Jr. is a collection of ebooks and read-along chapter books, non-fiction books, graphic novels, educational videos, and audiobooks explicitly designed for kids in grades three to six. No library card required.
- TumbleBooks is an online collection for children of animated, talking picture books, including books to learn French, Spanish, and other languages, plus puzzles and games. You can access the collection from your home or a library computer. No library card required.
- TumbleMath - This is a comprehensive collection of math picture books with narration and animation. Lesson plans and quizzes accompany texts. Read the parent's guide to bringing TumbleMath home! No library card required.
eReference for Kids
American Decades is a cross-disciplinary source for junior and high school students and teachers, public librarians, and general researchers who need to document and analyze periods of contemporary American social history (1900-1999).
Experiment Central provides examples of science projects and experiments that can be replicated for science fairs and other purposes, as well as suggestions on ways to design projects that investigate specific scientific topics and includes detailed descriptions of projects.
Explora Primary School is a kid-friendly interface from EBSCO, now available at your library. Learn about endangered species, famous musicians, space exploration, and more! Explora contains complete articles from dozens of the most popular elementary school magazines. All complete articles are assigned reading level indicators (Lexiles®), and many articles are available in color PDF. You'll also find easy-to-read encyclopedia entries written specifically for kids and more than one million images of photos, maps, and flags!
Gale Virtual Reference Library is a database, in ebook format, of encyclopedias, almanacs, and specialized reference sources for research topics on the arts, biographies, education, and more.
Mango Languages offers 65 languages, including Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, French, German, Italian, Greek, Russian, and Mandarin Chinese. Mango also offers English as a Second Language (ESL) courses.
Tutor.com provides you with an online, qualified tutor! All you need is a library card and an Internet connection. You can get one-to-one help from home, school, and even the library every day from noon until midnight. Includes K-12 Student Center, College Center, and Adult Education & Career Center.
UXL Encyclopedia of Biomes offers detailed comparative essays on major biomes and their component ecosystems. Includes entries on land biomes and water biomes and covers climate, elevation, soil, water bodies, vegetation, animal life, food web, plant and animal adaptations, endangered species, human effects on the biome, and the effects of the environment on humans' culture and economy.
Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life covers cultural groups in Asia, Europe, the Americas, and Africa. Each volume is organized by continent, including history, politics, customs, religion, education, human rights issues, teen life, and more.
Especially For Teens
- Dear Reader Online Book Clubs Each day, you are emailed a 5-minute portion of a book. During the week, you can read 2-3 chapters and then decide if you want to check the book out of the library. Every Monday starts a new book. Sign up and start reading! No library card required.
- TeenBookCloud is an easy-to-use online collection of streaming ebooks and read-along chapter books, graphic novels, educational videos, and audiobooks! No library card required.
And You Have Temporary Free Access To These Resources:
Audible Stories offers free audio stories for kids available at this site through Audible. You don't even need to create an account to access the books!
Gale In Context: Middle School combines reference content with age-appropriate videos, newspapers, magazines, primary sources, and more for students in middle grades. If prompted to enter a password, use the password open. Be sure to visit often.
Gale In Context: High School provides grades 9–12 with content aligned to national and state curriculum standards to help with papers, projects, and presentations while empowering student development of critical thinking and information literacy skills. If prompted to enter a password, use the password open. If prompted to enter a password, use the password open. Be sure to visit often.
Junior Library Guild At Home No username or password is needed. Simply click the school-level book stream of your choice, and you'll be automatically logged in!
Kids InfoBits introduces elementary school students to database searching with easy-to-use resources featuring age-appropriate, reliable, curriculum-related content covering a broad range of educational topics. If prompted to enter a password, use the password open. Be sure to visit often.
MackinVia is giving free access to 100s of Mackin classics. Just click the button for the target level: elementary school, middle school, or high school,
MidAmerica Books offers free access to all of MidAmerica's thousands of ebooks and their databases through June 2020. No username/password is necessary.
Miss Humblebee's Academy is an interactive kindergarten-readiness program that introduces children ages three to six to critical concepts in math, science, social studies, language and literacy, art, and music. It's as challenging as it is fun! If prompted to enter a password, use the password open.