Keene Public Library users and Keene residents are encouraged to join two new monthly online book discussions: Murder at the Library and the Teen Virtual Book Club.
Mystery lovers can join us this October as we read international bestselling author Caroline B. Cooney's next mystery Before She Was Helen! This thriller is sure to keep you on your toes! "As Before She Was Helen opens, readers are drawn into what appears to be a light, retirement-community caper. But author Caroline B. Cooney quickly flips expectations upside-down in this deceptively dark mystery. Between old crimes and fresh murders, septuagenarian protagonist Clemmie faces an unspeakable fear that will keep readers hooked in this twisty whodunit."-Julie Hyzy, New York Times bestselling author
The Teen Virtual Book Club title, The Radium Girls by Kate Moore, is a New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestseller. Readers of all ages can witness and discuss the harrowing, real-life story of young women who were unknowingly poisoned at workplaces, making everyday objects with the glowing new element, Radium.
This month there are four events:
- Teen Book Club: Radium Girls by Kate Moore, Wednesday, October 21 at 1 p.m.
- Teen Book Club Virtual Live Author Event with Kate Moore, Tuesday, October 27 at 7 p.m.
- Murder at the Library Virtual Book Discussion: Before She Was Helen, Tuesday, October 27 at 1 p.m.
- Murder at the Library Virtual Live Author Event with Caroline B. Cooney, Wednesday, October 28 at 7 p.m.
To register for these programs, please call the library at 603-352-0157 or visit our online calendar.
The Keene Public Library has made unlimited eBook copies available for download on the Book Club webpage at https://bookclub.axis360.baker-taylor.com/. The eBooks featured on this site are the Book Club selection(s) for this month, available to you for free without waits or holds queues. You can read online or save and store the book in your browser for offline reading later.
- Click on the LOGIN button in the top right corner to create a Library ID.
- For the LIBRARY ID, enter the letters KPLBC + the last five digits of your phone number.
- For the PIN, select a passcode of your choice.
- Ebooks will be available to download and read throughout October.
The discussions are free to the public and are sponsored by the Friends of the Keene Public Library. Contact 603-352-0157 or visit the online calendar.