Department of Public Works Mission:
To provide exceptional community service and protection of the environment.
Keene Public Works provides quality management of transportation, water, wastewater, storm water and solid waste infrastructure for Keene residents and visitors. In addition, the PWD provides community education and resource planning. The Department strives to provide the highest level of environmentally sensitive, efficient, and economical service to the community.
• Engineering expertise
• Forestry Management
• Maintenance and repair of the City’s vehicles and equipment
• Maintenance of the water and wastewater distribution and collection systems
• Solid waste management, including recycling
• Street and bridge design and maintenance, including sweeping, paving, snow removal, line painting and general upkeep
• Street and traffic sign maintenance
• Stormwater management
• Wastewater collection and treatment
• Water supply treatment , protection and distribution
The Summer/Fall household Hazardous Waste Collection Schedule is available here.
Public Works Department now on Facebook and Twitter
Public Works Staff:
Kürt Blomquist, Keene Public Work Director
Donna Hanscom, Assistant Public Works Director/Laboratory Manager
Duncan Watson, Assistant Public Works Director/Solid Waste Manager, Recycling Coordinator
Jim Donison, City Engineer
William Byrne, Highway Superintendent
Tom Moran, Utilities Maintenance Manager
Aaron Costa, Operations Manager, Water and Wastewater Treatment