Sustainable Energy Goals
In January 2019, the Keene City Council adopted Resolution R-2018-36 (Sustainable Energy Resolution) setting the following goals:
- That 100% of electricity consumed in the City will come from renewable energy sources by the year 2030, and
- That 100% of thermal energy and energy used for transportation will come from renewable energy sources by the year 2050.
These aspirational goals apply to the entire community, not just municipal operations. Furthermore, the City Council made a commitment to develop a plan to achieve these goals by December of 2020.
Energy Plan Steering Committee
The City is now in the process of engaging the general public and key community stakeholders to obtain insight, guidance, and direct assistance in developing a Sustainable Energy Plan for Keene. The City’s Energy and Climate Committee (ECC) is serving as the steering committee for the plan, meeting monthly on the first Wednesday of the month at 8:00 AM in the 2nd floor conference room of City Hall. All meetings are open to the public. In addition, the ECC has partnered with the Clean Energy Team (CET), a community group of volunteers, to conduct outreach and engagement efforts. Please stay tuned for more information about upcoming events and ways to get involved.
To see meeting notices, agendas, and minutes, please visit the Energy and Climate Committee page.
If you would like to help the community reach its 100% renewable energy goals, there are several ways to get involved:
- Attend a meeting of the Energy and Climate Committee, which meets monthly on the first Wednesday of the month at 8:00 AM.
- Contact Mari Brunner, staff liaison to the Energy and Climate Committee: (603)352-5440 or email@example.com
- Attend an upcoming event ~ Renewable Energy Session One: Bridging the Rural Efficiency Gap
- If you are a local landlord or realtor, fill out this informational Survey
- Business Success Stories
- Residential Success Stories (Coming soon)
- Energy and Climate Committee, City of Keene
- Clean Energy Keene, created and managed by the Monadnock Progressive Alliance, Clean Energy Team (CET)
- Keene's Path to 100% Renewable Energy, video prepared by the CET
- Renewable Energy Success Stories, a project of the Future of Energy Class at Keene State College