Racial Justice & Community Safety Ad-Hoc Committee Public Forums
The City of Keene Racial Justice & Community Safety Ad-Hoc Committee will be hosting three public forums to gather public input that will guide the committee’s recommendations to the City Council. Each of the forums will have a specific topic for public input.
October 29, 2020 6:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M.
Public Input Topic: Laws, Policy & Policing
- Share ideas for policies that advance racial equity and that facilitate the integration of racial equity into decision-making.
- Identify impacts desired of policy solutions.
November 17, 2020 6:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M.
Public Input Topic: Community Education & Schools
- Share ideas for fairness and opportunity for all students, faculty and staff.
- Share ideas for preventing achievement and opportunity gaps.
- Share ideas for programs and curriculum to prevent implicit bias and promote a culture of fairness.
- Share ideas for multi-racial leadership development.
December 2, 2020 6:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M.
Public Input Topic: Social & Community
- Share ideas for implementing tools to open racial equity discussions that lead to progressive change in the Keene community.
- Identify ways to change programs and practices that perpetuate implicit bias.
Due to the COVID-19 State of Emergency, each forum will be held online using the Zoom platform. To join a forum, navigate online to https://www.zoom.us/j/83182284764
or call (312) 626 6799 or (888) 475 4499 (toll free) and enter Webinar ID: 831 8228 4764 and dial *9 at any time to request the opportunity to speak.
(If you encounter technical difficulties accessing this meeting please call (603) 757-1828 for assistance.)
Additional City of Keene Racial Justice and Community Safety Ad-Hoc Committee information is available on the City website at https://ci.keene.nh.us/racial-justice-and-community-safety-adhoc-committee.