REMINDER: Kingsbury Companies, LLC and their subcontractor will continue tree clearing next week required for the Goose Pond Dam Improvements Project. Kingsbury Companies is under contract with the City to perform upgrades to the Goose Pond Dam, Goose Pond Dike, associated access trails, and a new parking area on new East Surry Road.
The contractor will begin clearing at a new staging area located near the existing gate on East Surry Road. They will then begin tree clearing to widen the access trails to the dam and dike areas. Signage is installed to direct park users around the active work areas. The contractor will monitor the trails for park users as they move equipment.
Work at Goose Pond is expected to last the duration of the summer and fall. As you visit Goose Pond this season, we recommend the following safety precautions:
- Pay attention to your surroundings. Limit headphone use.
- Follow all posted trail detours and signage. These are installed in strategic areas to allow park use to continue during construction.
- Wear brightly-colored or reflective clothing if available.
- Keep dogs on-leash.
- Limit biking speed on the trails around and near the dam and dike.
- Do not assume that an equipment operator can see you. Many pieces of construction equipment have blind spots that limit operator visibility.
While we have made efforts to ensure the safety of park users during construction, no plan is perfect. If you notice a safety concern or have any questions regarding this post please call our office at 352-6550. Thank you in advance for your patience.