The City of Keene, Public Works Department's contractor, Frank Lucius Construction of Surry, NH, will be replacing water main gate valves to improve system reliability beginning on Monday, May 17, 2021 and will last for approximately eight weeks. Work hours will be between 7:00 AM and 5:00 PM.
The following intersections will be affected:
- Autumn Hill Road and Butternut Street
- Butternut Street and Apollo Avenue
- Beaver Street and Brook Street
- Beaver Street and Damon Court
- Beaver Street and North Lincoln Street
- Beaver Street and Franklin Street
- Spring Street and Franklin Street
- Franklin Street and Roxbury Street
Properties within the work area will have their water service interrupted for approximately 6 to 8 hours. Our contractor will provide affected properties with written notice (in the form of a door tag) at least 48-hours prior to the work.
Customers should also expect some minor disruptions to traffic, including lane closure in the vicinity of the work. Although the work area will be properly marked and barricaded, drivers and pedestrians should use extra caution when they are near open excavations or construction equipment.
If you have any questions regarding this post please call our office at 352-6550.