There is no daily schedule, to ensure pickup, please rake leaves to curbside before 7:00 am on the date listed by your street below.
* Our Highway Division personnel will begin leaf collection on Main Street (Rt. 101, heading North), Court Street, and Washington Street on Thursday, November 21, 2019 at 11:00 PM and continue through Friday, November 22, 2019 at 7:00 AM.
Tips for Successful Collection:
- Leaves should be left loose (not bagged) along the grass belt (between the street and sidewalk) or at the edge of property if no sidewalk.
- Only loose leaves and pine needles will be collected. Tree branches and brush are not part of this collection and should not be mixed in with leaves. Branches and brush can damage equipment and could result in delays to the collection schedule.
- Never rake leaves into the street. Placing leaves in the street is a violation of City Ordinance, poses a safety hazard for collection crews, and may subject the property owner to a citation.
- No collections will occur on Monday, November 11, 2019 in observance of Veteran’s Day
- Court Street, Main Street and Washington Street collections will occur during overnight hours to minimize traffic delays. Date TBA.
- Once crews have picked up leaves and cleaned storm drains in your area please do not rake to curbside, doing so will cause storm drains to clog.
- Leaves may be taken free of charge to the Keene Recycling Center/Transfer Station located at 55 Old Summit Rd, off Route 12 North: Monday through Friday 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM and Saturdays 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Residents with storm water basins near their properties (marked with a yellow fish stenciled on the pavement) are encouraged to remove any debris from the drains that would prevent proper storm water drainage. Please do not rake leaves over basins. This assistance will help to prevent flooding and potential hazardous situations.
Please contact the Public Works Department at 603-352-6550 with any questions.