The 2018 Fall Leaf Collection Schedule has been released. A complete street listing can be found here.
Tips for successful leaf collection:
- Please have leaves raked by 7:00 AM on the date listed next to your street. Failure to do so may result in leaves not being collected.
- Leaves should be left loose (not bagged) along the grassbelt (between the street and sidewalk) or at the edge of property if no sidewalk is present.
- Only loose leaves and pine needles will be collected. Tree branches and brush are not part of this collection and should not be mixed in with leaves. Branches and brush can damage equipment and could result in delays to the collection schedule.
- NEVER rake leaves into the street or sidewalk. Doing so is a violation of City Ordinance, poses a safety hazard for collection crews, and may subject the property owner to a citation.
- Residents with storm water basins near their properties (marked with a yellow fish stencil) are encouraged to remove any debris from the drains that would prevent proper storm water drainage. Please do not rake leaves over basins.
- No collections will occur on Monday, November 12, 2018 in observance of Veterans Day.
- Once crews have picked up leaves and cleaned the storm drains in your area, please do not rake leaves to curbside, doing so will cause storm drains to clog.
- Leaves may be taken, free of charge, to the Keene Transfer Station located at 55 Old Summit Rd, off Route 12 North: Monday-Friday 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM and Saturdays 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
Leaf Collection Brochure
If you have any questions regarding this post please call our office at 352-6550.