GUIDANCE FOR THE PUBLIC ON ACCESSING REMOTE/ONLINE BOARD MEETINGS
Due to the COVID-2019 State of Emergency, the City of Keene Planning Board will be holding its meetings remotely using the web-based program, Zoom. Board members and applicants will be participating in this meeting remotely (not at City Hall). Members of the public will be able to access these public meetings through a variety of options, which are described below.
If you have questions about these meetings and how to participate, please contact the Community Development Department at (603) 352-5440 or email: email@example.com.
How do I access the meeting online?
- Go to the weblink: www.zoom.us/join
- Enter the Meeting ID: A box will appear asking for a Meeting ID. Enter the Meeting ID advertised for the meeting (It will be on the top of the agenda for the meeting). Meeting agendas are posted on the Planning Board webpage at ci.keene.nh.us/planning-board (scroll to Agendas), and on the bulletin board in the front lobby of City Hall.
- Choose how you listen to the meeting: You will have the option to listen to the meeting using your computer audio or to call into the meeting. Zoom will provide you with phone numbers to choose from, if you select to call into the meeting.
How do I access the meeting if I do not have a computer or smartphone?
- Call (603) 766-5646 and enter participant code 981441 or toll-free at (888) 475-4499 and enter meeting ID 857 8338 6440.
- You will only be able to listen - You will not be able to see any visuals or graphics that are displayed during the meeting unless you access the meeting through www.zoom.com.
- Note: As an attendee of the meeting, your microphone and/or phone will be muted. To provide public comment during a public hearing, please see below.
How do I provide comments during a public hearing?
If you are a member of the public with an interest in speaking or providing comment on one of the applications being reviewed at the meeting or during a public hearing, please review the following guidance for how to participate in this meeting.
- You may send written comments on the application to City staff in advance of the meeting by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Historic District Commission” in the subject line. Written comments will only be accepted until 3:00 pm on the day of the meeting.
- You may speak during the public comment period on an application by one of the following methods:
- If you are participating online on a computer or smart device, click on the “Raise Hand” icon at the bottom of the screen. The moderator will ask to unmute you and let you know when you are able to speak.
- If you are participating by phone, press *9. The moderator will let you know when you are able to speak.
- The Board will only accept public comments or questions related to the application for which the public hearing is being held.
- Note: Public comment will only be accepted for a specified period of time. The Board Chair will inform the public when the public comment period of the public hearing is closed.
What if I have issues accessing the meeting?
- If you encounter any issues accessing this meeting, please call 603-757-0622 during the meeting.