Computers for Public Use
- There are nine computers with Internet access in the Adult area and four in the Youth Dept. that are available to Keene Public Library cardholders and visitors. To use the Internet computers in the Youth Department, you must be under the age of 18 or adults with children or adults with caregivers. Children under the age of 18 must have a Keene Public Library card or must have a parent or guardian present who will give permission for the child to access the Internet. See the library's Internet Acceptable Use Policy for more information on use of the Internet terminals. There is a black & white laser printer. Copies are 10¢ per page.
- There are several PCs with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher available on a first come, first served basis. These print to a black & white laser printer. Computers in the Youth Department are also equipped with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Publisher.
- Laptop ports - There are laptop ports available on the tables behind the adult Reference Desk. Your computer must have an Ethernet or network card in order to hook up to these ports. They access the Internet on a very fast connection. Cables may be borrowed at the first floor Reference Desk.
- Wireless - the library has free Wireless through out the libray and the Library Annex available to connect to the internet.
- Laptops to borrow - The library has two laptops that may be borrowed by libray card holders for use in the adult section of the library. Ask at the first floor Reference Desk for more information.
- The Youth Department has computers with pre-installed educational and entertaining software titles for exploration by children and others. Early Literacy Computer Stations have more than 70 educational software applications spanning seven curricular areas. The Keene Public Library has seven licenses to Minecraft.Edu which allows players without their own licenses to play in the library’s safe and secure world.
- The Youth Department has two Creation Stations to make 3D designs, modify your 3D object, model houses, edit audio files, create and modify images, and more. Software includes: SketchUp, TinkerCad, Wings3D, Makerware, Replicator G, Office, Overdrive Media Console, Audacity, GIMP, Scratch, and more.
For Keene Public Library cardholders or Keene residents, librarians will provide free one-on-one instruction in:
- Basic Computer Use
- Using the Internet
- Using the Library Catalog
- Searching the Library's Online Databases
- Setting up devices for downloading ebooks and audiobooks
Please call the Reference Desk at 603-757-1855 to register for a training or 603-757-1838 with questions about ebooks & audiobooks.
Tutor.com: With a Keene Public Library card you can get free online tutoring in Microsoft Excel.
Fax, Print, Copy, Scan, More
The library has the following available for public use:
- 3D printer The library has a Maker Bot Replicator 2 in the Youth Department. The library offers an orientation to the printer at various times throughout the year. Check our calendar to see when orientations are scheduled. We are also happy to schedule one-on-one orientations. Please call the library's Youth Department at 603-352-0157 to make an appointment.
- Copy machines Two self-service copy machines for black & white copies.
- Enlarger Magnifies text documents and photographs for easier viewing.
- Microfilm readers Two microfilm readers, including one digital reader which can scan microfilm images and save them as PDF.
- Scanner Small flatbed scanner for scanning documents and photos. (Print or save to USB only.)
- Wireless printer All public computers print to a black & white printer located at the Reference Desk (10 cents per page). Personal laptops can also connect to this printer in the library.