The City has restricted public access to City buildings to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.  MORE

Library building

Tax Forms & Information

IRS delays the April 15 tax payment deadline by 90 days. During the three-month deferral period, taxpayers won’t be subject to interest and penalties
FYI, the AARP Tax-Aide program has been suspended, but you can check for updates on the tax-aide sites. Go to or call 1-888-227-7669.

  • Tax forms

    2019 Tax Forms

    We have received the 1040/1040-SR forms and instruction booklets.  Other forms can be printed from the internet or copied from the reproducible forms book.

    Reference desk staff can provide limited assistance with printing forms from the web.  We are unable to provide assistance with identifying which forms to use or with filling them out.  See the information below about AARP tax preparation assistance.

    To view and download forms:  IRS Forms & Publications

    To order tax forms delivered by mail: call 1-800-829-3676 or visit Forms and Publications by U.S. Mail to order paper copies.

  • AARP Tax Assistance

    The AARP Tax-Aide program has been suspended, but you can check for updates on the tax-aide sites. Go to or call 1-888-227-7669.

    AARP Tax Assistance at the Library
    The AARP Tax Assistance program will be held on Tuesdays from February 4 - April 14, 2020; hours are 2:30 to 6 p.m.  Assistance is provided on a first-come, first-served basis as well as by appointments.  Appointments can be made by calling 2-1-1 or online at  Appointments can not be made by calling the library.

    IRS certified AARP volunteers provide free tax counseling and preparation services to low- and middle-income taxpayers, with particular attention to those ages 60 and older. AARP Foundation Tax-Aide Volunteers are trained to assist with filing the 1040 Form and the more standard of the schedules, including Schedules A and B. 

    The checklist below includes items you need to bring with you:
    • Last year’s tax return(s)
    • Social Security cards or other official documentation for yourself and every individual on your return.
    • Photo I.D. required for all taxpayers.
    • Checkbook if you want to direct deposit any refund(s).
    • W-2 from each employer
    • Unemployment compensation statements
    • SSA-1099 Form showing the total Social Security benefits paid to you for the year, or Form RRB-1099, Tier 1 Railroad Retirement benefits
    • 1099 Forms reporting interest (1099-INT), dividends (1099-DIV), proceeds from sales (1099-B), as well as documentation showing the original purchase price of your sold assets
    • 1099-R Form if you received a pension, annuity, or IRA distribution
    • 1099-MISC Forms
    • Information about other forms of Income
    All forms and canceled checks indicating federal and state income tax paid (including quarterly estimated tax payments).
    Most taxpayers have a choice of taking either a standard deduction or itemizing their deductions. If you have a substantial amount of deductions, you may want to itemize. You will need to bring the following information:
    • 1098 Form showing any home mortgage interest
    • A list of medical/dental expenses (including doctor and hospital bills and medical insurance premiums), a list of prescription medicines, costs of assisted living services, and bills for home improvements such as ramps and railings for people with disabilities
    • Summary of contributions to charity
    • Receipts or canceled checks for all quarterly or other paid tax
    • Property Tax bills and proof of payment
    Health Insurance
    • 1095A Forms if you purchased insurance through the Marketplace (Exchange)
    • 1095B/1095C Forms (if applicable)
    • Any exemption correspondence from the Marketplace (if applicable)
    • Dependent care provider information (name, employer I.D., or Social Security number)
    • 1098-T and 1098-E Forms (Tuition and Student Loan Interest)


library logo
© 2020 City of Keene All rights reserved.