Through Storytimes, we hope to:
- Share the best of children's literature and illustrations;
- Introduce the library and its services to children and families
- Teach children that the library is a helpful, friendly place where they can find materials to enrich their lives;
- Encourage children to become lifelong readers;
- Provide children with group activities and experiences;
- Promote language development and provide verbal learning experiences;
- Promote reading aloud at home by parents and caregivers.
- Parents and caregivers are encouraged to use this opportunity to teach children listening and cooperative skills. The library has a few tips that can help make Keene Public Library Storytimes more fun and rewarding.
Currently, all of our programs are virtual.
You can sign up for storytimes on our online calendar one month before they are scheduled to begin. Each session is between seven and nine weeks with a three to four-week break between sessions so that your youth librarians can recharge. There is a three-week mini-session in December.
Don't forget, the library has lots of additional special family and youth programs. Check our online calendar for details.
We do value your feedback. If you've attended storytime at the Keene Public Library recently, please help us plan for by completing a quick online survey.