Not sure which resource to use? Call the reference desk at 603-757-1855 with questions!
Log in to many of these resources from outside of the library has changed. You will still need your library barcode but will also need to enter your name in the log in screen. If your barcode has expired you will be reminded to contact the library about renewing your account. Please contact the library at 603-352-0157 with any questions.
- Ancestry Plus - Census data, birth, marriage & death records, immigration records, military records, and family history records (available only from within the library at Internet stations).
- Consumer Health Complete - Content covering all areas of health and wellness from mainstream medicine to the many perspectives of complementary, holistic and integrated medicine. This full text database covers topics such as aging, cancer, diabetes, drugs & alcohol, fitness, nutrition & dietetics, children's health, men & women's health, etc.
- EBSCOHost - General periodicals, Health Sources, Business Sources, Newspapers, ERIC, Children's magazines and more. (Mobile app)
- Gale Virtual Reference Library - "a database of encyclopedias and specialized reference sources for multidisciplinary research. These reference materials once were accessible only in the library, but now you can access them online from the library or remotely 24/7." Includes sources in medicine, law, environment, business, history, literature, science, and more.
- Learning Express Library - Practice tests and tutorials for GED, SAT, Citizenship, Nursing, Civil Service, and other exams as well as reading and math improvement tutorials. Incluye los recursos para hispanohablantes. (You will be asked to register at the site in order to access the practice tests.)
- Magill's Medical Guide - an up-to-date and easy-to-use compendium of medical information suitable for student research as well as use by general readers, including patients and caregivers.
- Mango Languages - learn a language online! Once you've signed up for a free account, download the Mango Languages app for your mobile device!
- Milestone Documents in American History - Historical documents dating from 1763-2003
- New York Times - Instructions for digital access to the New York Times.
- NoveList Plus - Now includes non-fiction! Find books or authors similar to ones you like or learn more about a favorite author. Search for books for children, teens & adults. For NoveList help, visit the NoveList Support Center.
- Safari Tech Books Online - technology ebooks on a variety of topics including digital photography, website design, Windows 10, software development, photo editing, and more.
- Tutor.com - connect with a free online academic tutor or career coach to help you study, prepare for tests, write a paper or resume, find and apply for a job and more. Tutores y entrenador de habla hispana están disponibles. Available every day from noon until midnight. More information about Tutor.com
- Universal Class - Offers over 500 free online non-credit Continuing Education Courses. These courses are led by expert instructors and are provided for your personal enrichment. Business, Career Training, Cooking, Real Estate, Crafts and Hobbies, and Psychology are a few of the subjects covered by these courses. You can sign up for five courses at a time and take up to six months to finish a course. A Keene Public LIbrary card and an email address are required to register for a class.
- Value Line Investment - Research stocks, mutual funds, industries, and other investing topics.
- Wowbrary - Sign up with Wowbrary to get email or RSS feeds letting you know about the newest books, DVDs, and CDs available at Keene Public Library, or visit our Wowbrary page for the weekly list.