The Friends of the Keene Public Library provide these passes to museums and other area attractions. Passes may be booked in advance and are checked out with a library card. Download a flyer with all of the important details here.
Passes offer free or greatly reduced admissions to:
Boston Museum of Fine Arts
Boston Museum of Fine Arts - Boston, Mass. - (617) 267-9300
- Masterpieces from every continent are included in the Museum's collections.
- One coupon is available for each day. The coupon admits two people with a $10.00 per person admission fee, and may be used whenever the museum is open.
- The coupon may also be used to purchase special exhibit tickets for an additional $10.00 per person.
- Children 6 and under are admitted free at all times; children 7-17 are admitted for $7 on school days until 3 pm. All other times, children under 17 are admitted free.
- Hours: Mon, Tues, Sat, Sun: 10-4:45pm; Wed, Thurs, Fri: 10-9:45pm
Boston Museum of Science
Boston Museum of Science - Boston, Mass. - (617) 723-2500
- A wonderful museum of science and technology with lots of innovative and interactive exhibits and programs that educate and entertain people of all ages, the Omni Theater, Hayden Planetarium, and laser shows.
- One coupon is available for each day. This coupon admits four people into the Exhibit Halls for a $10 per person admission fee.
- The coupon does not include discounts on tickets for the Omni Theater, Planetarium, or Laser Show and cannot be used to purchase combination tickets.
- Open daily 9-5 and Fridays till 9 pm.
Brattleboro Museum and Art Center
Brattleboro Museum and Art Center - Brattleboro, VT. - (802-257-0124)
- The Brattleboro Museum & Art Center is "an independent, non-collecting museum whose mission is to present art and ideas in ways that inspire, educate, and engage audiences of all ages."
- One coupon is available for each day. The coupon admits one family (adults, children, caregiver) for free.
- Open every day except Tuesday, 11 am - 5 pm.
- This pass was donated to the Library by the Museum.
Canterbury Shaker Village
Canterbury Shaker Village - Canterbury, N.H. - (603) 783-9511
- A national historic landmark with 25 original buildings celebrating 200 years of Shaker life.
- One coupon is available for each day. The coupon admits two people with a $6.00/person admission charge for adults and a $3.00/person admission charge for children under 18.
- Hours: May – Oct.: 10-5 daily; Closed Nov.-April, with some exceptions.
Cheshire Children's Museum
Cheshire Children’s Museum - Keene, N.H. - (603) 903-1800
- Children learn while playing.
- One pass per day. Each pass admits four people for half-price. Regular admission is $6 for adults and children over 12 months; children under 12 months are free.
- Hours: Tues-Sat 10-5; Sun noon-4; closed Mondays and holidays.
deCordova Sculpture Park and Museum
deCordova Sculpture Park and Museum – Lincoln, Mass. – (781) 259-8355
- The museum houses rotating art exhibits and the sculpture park features more than sixty outdoor modern and contemporary pieces of sculpture.
- One pass is available each day. Each pass admits four people with a $5.00 charge per person.
- Hours: Vary by season - check website
The EcoTarium - Worcester, Mass. - (508) 929-2700
- Hands-on learning and discovery center for the natural sciences.
- Each pass allows half-price admission for two adults and two children. Regular admission is $18 for adults and $14 for children ages 2 through 18.
- Hours: Tues-Sat 10-5; Sun noon-5
Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art
Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art - Amherst, Mass. - (413) 658-1100
- First full-scale museum in the U.S. devoted to national and international picture book art.
- One pass is available; admits two adults and up to four children.
- Hours: Tues-Sat 10-4; Sun 12-4; closed Mondays and holidays
The Fells Historic Estate and Gardens
The Fells Historic Estate and Gardens - Newbury, NH - (603) 763-4789
- Tour the 22-room Colonial Revival home; explore the forests, walk the woodland trails; and enjoy the renowned gardens.
- Two passes available daily; each pass admits two adults and all accompanying children under the age of 18.
Hildene, the Lincoln Family Home
Hildene - The Lincoln Family Home - Manchester, Vt. - (802) 362-1788
- Home and gardens of Robert Todd Lincoln and his descendants
- Two passes are available. Each pass admits a family of four.
- Hours: Daily 9:30 to 4:30, except major holidays.
Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum - Boston, Mass. - (617) 566-1401
- A museum of international art founded by collection and philanthropist Isabella Stewart Gardner.
- One coupon is available for each day the museum is open. The coupon admits up to four people with a $5 admission fee per person.
- Hours: Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun, 11-5; Thurs, 11-9; closed every Tuesday
Magic Wings Butterfly Museum
Magic Wings Butterfly Museum - South Deerfield, Mass. - (413) 665-2805
- The facility includes an 8,000-sq ft glass conservatory with butterflies, moths, and tropical vegetation.
- A pass for two free admissions is available.
- Hours: Daily 9-5; 9-6 summer. Closed on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas
Manchester Historic Assoc. (Millyard Museum & Research Ctr.)
Manchester Historic Association (Millyard Museum & Research Center) - Manchester, N.H. - (603)-622-7531
- Collects, preserves, and shares the history of Manchester
- One pass per day. The pass offers free admission for up to 4 people.
- Hours: Tues-Sat, 10-4; Closed Sunday and Monday
Mariposa Museum - Peterborough, N.H. - (603) 924-4555
- "Celebrates world culture with costumes to wear, instruments to play, and a world of treasures at your fingertips."
- One pass per day. Each pass admits one adult and two children. Regular admission is $6 for adults, $5 for seniors, and $4 for children.
- Summer Hours: Open daily, 11-5.
Sept.-mid June: Open Tues.-Sun., 11-5
McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center
McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center - Concord, N.H. - (603) 271-7827
- Features a variety of shows and exhibits to educate everyone, from the youngest explorer to the backyard astronomer.
- Two passes are available each day the center is open. Each pass is valid for admission to the exhibit halls for 4 people. There is a charge of $5 per person for the discovery center shows.
- Reservations are required. Call ahead.
- Hours: Thurs-Sun 10:30-4; Fri evenings 6:30-9
Montshire Museum of Science
Montshire Museum of Science - Norwich, Vt. - (802) 649-2200
- Hands-on science museum for people of all ages, "offering dozens of exciting exhibits relating to the natural and physical sciences, ecology, and technology".
- Located on 110 acres along the Connecticut River, with many nature trails.
- Two passes for free admission are available for each day.
- Regular prices are: adults $10; children 2-17 $8; children under 2 free.
- Hours: daily from 10-5 except Thanksgiving and Christmas
Mt. Kearsarge Indian Museum
Mount Kearsarge Indian Museum - Warner, N.H. - (603) 456-2600
- Dedicated to Native American cultural expression.
- Two passes per day available. Each pass admits one person.
- Hours: Mon-Sat 10-5; Sun 12-5 (open May-October)
Museum of New Hampshire History
Museum of New Hampshire History - Concord, N.H. - (603) 228-6688
- Exhibitions on the state’s heritage and traditions.
- Two family passes for free admission are available.
- Hours: Tues-Sat 9:30 am – 5:00 pm
Strawbery Banke Museum
Strawbery Banke Museum - Portsmouth, N.H. - (603) 433-1100
- Living history museum of the Puddle Dock neighborhood from the 1600s to the 1950s
- Two free passes per day. Each pass admits two adults and up to four children
- Hours: May-October 10-5 daily
VINS (Vermont Institute of Natural Science)
Vermont Institute of Natural Science (VINS) - Quechee, Vt. - (802) 359-5000
- Includes a Nature Center, raptor exhibits and show ,nature trails, and a store.
- Two free admissions are available.
- Regular admission is $9.00 for adults, $8.00 for seniors (65+), $7.00 for ages 3 to 18, and free for 2 and under.
- Hours are 10-5 daily, May - October