The Friends of the Keene Public Library provide these passes to museums and other area attractions. Passes may be booked in advance and are checked out with a library card.
Passes offer free or greatly reduced admissions to:
Boston Museum of Fine Arts
Boston Museum of Fine Arts - Boston, Mass. - (617) 267-9300
- Masterpieces from every continent are included in the Museum's collections.
- One coupon is available for each day. The coupon admits two people with a $10.00 per person admission fee, and may be used whenever the museum is open.
- The coupon may also be used to purchase special exhibit tickets for an additional $10.00 per person.
- Children 6 and under are admitted free at all times; children 7-17 are admitted for $7 on school days until 3 pm. All other times, children under 17 are admitted free.
- Hours: Mon, Tues, Sat, Sun: 10-4:45pm; Wed, Thurs, Fri: 10-9:45pm
Boston Museum of Science
Boston Museum of Science - Boston, Mass. - (617) 723-2500
- A wonderful museum of science and technology with lots of innovative and interactive exhibits and programs that educate and entertain people of all ages.
- One coupon is available for each day. This coupon admits four people into the Exhibit Halls for a $10 per person admission fee.
- The coupon does not include discounts on tickets for the Omni Theater, Planetarium, or Laser Show and cannot be used to purchase combination tickets.
- Open daily 9-5 and Fridays till 9 pm.
Brattleboro Museum and Art Center
Brattleboro Museum and Art Center - Brattleboro, VT. - (802-257-0124)
- The Brattleboro Museum & Art Center is "an independent, non-collecting museum whose mission is to present art and ideas in ways that inspire, educate, and engage audiences of all ages."
- One coupon is available for each day. The coupon admits one family (adults, children, caregiver) for free.
- Open every day except Tuesday, 11 am - 5 pm.
- This pass was donated to the Library by the Museum.
Canterbury Shaker Village
Canterbury Shaker Village - Canterbury, N.H. - (603) 783-9511
- A national historic landmark with 25 original buildings celebrating 200 years of Shaker life.
- One coupon is available for each day. The coupon admits a family of four (2 adults and 2 children) for free. Additional family members pay half price.
- Hours: Early May – late Oct.: 10-5 daily; Closed Nov.-April, with some exceptions.
Cheshire Children's Museum
Cheshire Children’s Museum - Keene, N.H. - (603) 903-1800
- Children learn while playing.
- One pass per day. Each pass admits four people for half-price. Regular admission is $7 for adults and children over 12 months; $5 for adults over 60; children under 12 months are free.
- Hours: Tues-Sat 10-5; Sun noon-4; closed Mondays and holidays.
deCordova Sculpture Park and Museum
deCordova Sculpture Park and Museum – Lincoln, Mass. – (781) 259-8355
- The museum houses rotating art exhibits and the sculpture park features more than sixty outdoor modern and contemporary pieces of sculpture.
- One pass is available each day. Each pass admits four people with a $5.00 charge per person.
- Hours: Vary by season - check website
The EcoTarium - Worcester, Mass. - (508) 929-2700
- Hands-on learning and discovery center for the natural sciences.
- Each pass allows half-price admission for two adults and two children. Regular admission is $18 for adults and $14 for children ages 2 through 18.
- Hours: Tues-Sat 10-5; Sun noon-5
Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art
Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art - Amherst, Mass. - (413) 658-1100
- First full-scale museum in the U.S. devoted to national and international picture book art.
- One pass is available; admits two adults and up to four children.
- Hours: Tues-Sat 10-4; Sun 12-4; closed Mondays and holidays
The Fells Historic Estate and Gardens
The Fells Historic Estate and Gardens - Newbury, NH - (603) 763-4789
- Tour the 22-room Colonial Revival home; explore the forests, walk the woodland trails; and enjoy the renowned gardens.
- Two passes available daily; each pass admits two adults and all accompanying children under the age of 18.
Hildene, the Lincoln Family Home
Hildene - The Lincoln Family Home - Manchester, Vt. - (802) 362-1788
- Home and gardens of Robert Todd Lincoln and his descendants
- One pass per day; each pass admits one adult and two children under 16 for free.
- Hours: Daily 9:30 to 4:30, except major holidays.
Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum - Boston, Mass. - (617) 566-1401
- A museum of international art founded by collection and philanthropist Isabella Stewart Gardner.
- One coupon is available for each day the museum is open. The coupon admits up to four people with a $5 admission fee per person.
- Hours: Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun, 11-5; Thurs, 11-9; closed every Tuesday
Magic Wings Butterfly Museum
Magic Wings Butterfly Museum - South Deerfield, Mass. - (413) 665-2805
- The facility includes an 8,000-sq ft glass conservatory with butterflies, moths, and tropical vegetation.
- A pass for two free admissions is available.
- Hours: Daily 9-5; 9-6 summer. Closed on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas
Manchester Historic Assoc. (Millyard Museum & Research Ctr.)
Manchester Historic Association (Millyard Museum & Research Center) - Manchester, N.H. - (603)-622-7531
- Collects, preserves, and shares the history of Manchester
- One pass per day. The pass offers free admission for up to 4 people.
- Hours: Tues-Sat, 10-4; Closed Sunday and Monday
Mariposa Museum - Peterborough, N.H. - (603) 924-4555
- "Celebrates world culture with costumes to wear, instruments to play, and a world of treasures at your fingertips."
- One pass per day. Each pass admits one adult and two children. Regular admission is $6 for adults, $5 for seniors, and $4 for children.
- Summer Hours: Open daily, 11-5.
Sept.-mid June: Open Tues.-Sun., 11-5
McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center
McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center - Concord, N.H. - (603) 271-7827
- Features a variety of shows and exhibits to educate everyone, from the youngest explorer to the backyard astronomer.
- Two passes are available each day the center is open. Each pass is valid for admission to the exhibit halls for 4 people. There is a charge of $5 per person for the discovery center shows.
- Reservations are required. Call ahead.
- Hours: Thurs-Sun 10:30-4; Fri evenings 6:30-9
Montshire Museum of Science
Montshire Museum of Science - Norwich, Vt. - (802) 649-2200
- Hands-on science museum for people of all ages, "offering dozens of exciting exhibits relating to the natural and physical sciences, ecology, and technology".
- Located on 110 acres along the Connecticut River, with many nature trails.
- Two passes for free admission are available for each day.
- Regular prices are: adults $10; children 2-17 $8; children under 2 free.
- Hours: daily from 10-5 except Thanksgiving and Christmas
Mt. Kearsarge Indian Museum
Mount Kearsarge Indian Museum - Warner, N.H. - (603) 456-2600
- Dedicated to Native American cultural expression.
- Two passes per day available. Each pass admits one person.
- Hours: Mon-Sat 10-5; Sun 12-5 (open May-October)
New Hampshire Historical Society Museum
New Hampshire Historical Society Museum - Concord, N.H. - (603) 228-6688
- Exhibitions on the state’s heritage and traditions.
- Two family passes for free admission are available.
- Hours: Tues-Sat 9:30 am – 5:00 pm
Strawbery Banke Museum
Strawbery Banke Museum - Portsmouth, N.H. - (603) 433-1100
- Living history museum of the Puddle Dock neighborhood from the 1600s to the 1950s
- Two free passes per day. Each pass admits two adults and up to four children
- Hours: May-October 10-5 daily
VINS (Vermont Institute of Natural Science)
Vermont Institute of Natural Science (VINS) - Quechee, Vt. - (802) 359-5000
- Includes a Nature Center, raptor exhibits and show, nature trails, and a store.
- One pass per day is available, which admits up to four people for $5 each.
- Regular admission is $15.50 for adults, $14.50 for seniors (62+), $13.50 for ages 4 to18, and free for 3 and under.
- Hours are 10-5 daily, May - October