Keene Public Library patrons have access to thousands of films, documentaries, and The Great Courses through Kanopy.
Here are the details:
- Use your library barcode number to sign into Kanopy and create your personal Kanopy account.
- Patrons with expired library cards will not be granted access.
- Patrons owing $10 or more in library fines & fees will not be granted access.
- Once you have a personal Kanopy account you can create a wish list, see your viewing history, keep track of how many films you can watch each month, etc.
- You will have six 'play credits' (six films) per month and access to one Great Courses each month.
- Once you press play on a film, you have 3 days to view it as many times as you like without using another play credit.
Play credits reset on the 1st of the month. Once you have watched your quota of films, you will not be able to play any films until the new month starts when you will be given six more play credits. Unused play credits do not carry over from month to month.
Kanopy doesn't provide much in the way of information about films or reviews. We recommend using the Internet Movie Database to find out more about a film before you press PLAY! Once you press play on a film in Kanopy you only have five seconds to change your mind about using up a play credit for it.
Once you start a Great Course, you will have 30 days to complete it.
- You will also have access to Kanopy Kids.
- Kanopy Kids provides 30 days of unlimited plays for any video in the Kanopy Kids collection.