Joint Planning Board/ Planning, Licenses and Development Committee
The Planning, Licenses and Development Committee and the Planning Board shall hold a joint legislative workshop, with public notice when proposed amendments to the City’s Zoning Map or Ordinance are received by the City Council. The intent of these workshops is to: prepare information for the Council, provide an opportunity for the applicant and the public to discuss the proposal in an informal fashion; and afford an opportunity for adjustment or modification of the proposal prior to the scheduling of a formal public hearing before the City Council.
Videos for this committee can be viewed by click here.
Minutes are posted after they have been adopted by the public body. If you do not see the set of minutes you need on the website, please contact the City Clerk’s Office.
Rhett W. Lamb: 603-352-5440
Meetings are generally held the 2nd Monday of the month at 6:30 PM.
View the City Calendar to confirm the date and time of the next meeting.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the COVID-2019 State of Emergency, meetings will be held remotely using the web-based program, Zoom. Committee members and applicants will be participating in this meeting remotely (not at City Hall).
Members of the public will be able to access these public meetings through a variety of options, which are described below.
GUIDANCE FOR THE PUBLIC ON ACCESSING REMOTE/ONLINE BOARD MEETINGS
Due to the COVID-2019 State of Emergency, meetings will be held remotely using the web-based program, Zoom. If you have questions about these meetings and how to participate, please contact the Community Development Department at (603) 352-5440 or email: email@example.com.
How do I access the meeting online?
- Go to the weblink: www.zoom.us/join
- Enter the Meeting ID: A box will appear asking for a Meeting ID. Enter the 9 digit Meeting ID advertised for the meeting (It will be on the top of the agenda for the meeting. Meeting agendas are posted on this webpage (scroll to Agendas)). Each meeting will have a different Meeting ID.
- Choose how you listen to meeting: You will have the option to listen to the meeting using your computer audio or to call into the meeting. Zoom will provide you with phone numbers to choose from, if you select to call into the meeting.
How do I access the meeting if I do not have a computer or smartphone?
- Call the toll-free phone number (888) 475-4499.
- Enter Meeting ID - You will be prompted to enter the Meeting ID. The Meeting ID can be found at the top of the agenda for the meeting, which are posted on this webpage (scroll to Agendas), and on the bulletin board in the front lobby of City Hall.
- You will only be able to listen - You will not be able to see any visuals or graphics that are displayed during the meeting unless you access the meeting through www.zoom.com.
- Note: As an attendee of the meeting, your microphone and/or phone will be muted. To provide public comment during a public hearing/workshop, please see below.
How do I provide comment during a public hearing / public workshop?
If you are a member of the public with an interest in speaking or providing comment on one of the applications being reviewed at the meeting or during a public hearing, please review the following guidance for how to participate in this meeting.
- You may send written comments on the application to City staff in advance of the meeting by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Joint Committee” in the subject line.
- Written comments will only be accepted until 3:00 pm on the day of the meeting.
- You may speak during the public comment period on an application by one of the following methods:
- If you are participating online on a computer or smart device, click on the “Raise Hand” icon at the bottom of the screen. The moderator will ask to unmute you and let you know when you are able to speak.
- If you are participating by calling the toll-free #, press *9. The moderator will let you know when you are able to speak.
- The Board will only accept public comments or questions related to the application for which the public hearing is being held.
- Note: Public comment will only be accepted for a specified period of time. The Board Chair will inform the public when the public comment period of the public hearing is closed.
What if I have issues accessing the meeting?
- If you encounter any issues accessing this meeting, please call 603-757-0622 during the meeting.
Items on More Time:
Social Service / Congregate Living Ordinances - O-2019-13 & O-2019-14: The Joint Committee has continued the public workshop on this draft Ordinance to Monday, June 8, 2020 at 6:30 PM in the City Hall Council Chambers, second floor, 3 Washington Street, Keene, NH. The Ordinances propose changes to Chapter 102 – Zoning, Chapter 46 – Licenses and Permits, Chapter 18 – Building Regulations, and Appendix B – Fee Schedule of the City Code of Ordinances including the introduction of land uses categorized broadly as Social Service and Congregate Living uses as well as a conditional use permit and City operating license for some of these uses.
- Full Text of O-2019-13 & O-2019-14
- Summary of Proposed Changes
- Zoning Map
- Staff Report
- September 9, 2019 Presentation
- October 15, 2019 Presentation
- November 12, 2019 Presentation
- January 13, 2020 Presentation (Includes revised maps with street names)
- March 9, 2020 Presentation
The intent of the Public Workshop is to provide an opportunity for the applicant and the public to discuss the proposal in an informal fashion; and afford an opportunity for adjustment or modification of the proposed ordinance prior to a City Council Public Hearing.