The City of Keene is encouraging community members to review and share comments on a preliminary draft Land Development Code, which includes proposed changes to Keene’s downtown zoning districts. This draft Code is an effort to update and reorganize the City's land use/development regulations to be more user-friendly, and to create a more intuitive roadmap for development to occur in the City.
This draft is available at: www.keenebuildingbetter.com/draftcode
Opportunities to Share Comments / Ask Questions:
- Virtual Info/Comment Sessions - City staff will be holding virtual sessions for the public to share comments and ask questions about this draft code using the online platform, Zoom, on August 12 at 12:00 pm and August 13 at 6:30 pm. A toll-free call-in number is available for those without access to a smart device or computer. To learn more about the draft code and these info sessions, visit the project website at www.keenebuildingbetter.com or call 603-352-5440.
- Joint Committee - The public may attend upcoming meetings of the City’s Joint Committee of the Planning Board and Planning, Licenses, and Development Committee on August 10 and September 14 at 6:30 pm to learn more about the draft and share comments.
- One-One Meetings - The public is encouraged to schedule time to speak with City staff directly by contacting Tara Kessler at 603-352-5440 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources to Help Understand Draft Code and Proposed Changes:
- Change Summary – Provides an overview of major changes to the draft Code (click here)
- Webmap Tool – This map does involve some instruction; however, it allows you to visualize and review proposed changes to the Downtown Zoning and compare existing vs proposed regulations (click here)
- Zoning Comparison – This link brings you to a listing of all the zoning districts to review existing vs. proposed uses and/or dimensional requirements as part of this draft (click here)