Summer Youth Employment
More photos below
SUMMER YOUTH EMPLOYMENT
Applications for the 2013 Summer Youth Employee program will be available from Wednesday, April 17 - Friday, May 3, 2013 @ 4:30 pm at Human Resources, 3rd Floor City Hall. 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
The Summer Youth Employment Program is an opportunity for youth ages 14 and 15, who reside in Keene, NH and would like to gain work experience through a part-time job.
· Must be a Keene resident
· 14 or 15 years old during the summer months (program duration).
· Preference to previous summer youth employee
The Summer Youth Employment Program has the cooperation of City departments who proved work sites and youth supervision.
· The program provides part-time employment to approximately 20 youth, up to 20 hours per week, during a six-week period in the summer months.
· The City of Keene funds the program and youth employees are paid minimum wage.
· Types of work may include, recycling, library, grounds keeping, cleaning or clerical work.
Summer Youth Employment is advertised yearly in April through the classified section of the Keene Sentinel. Employment applications are available in late April though the Human Resource Department, 3rd Floor of City Hall. Once applications are returned to Human Resources, the Youth Services Department begins the interview process with all applicants.
The Summer Youth Employment program gives Keene youth a valuable opportunity to gain knowledge about city government while have a positive first-time job experience.
The time line states the application deadline date, notification of hire, Orientation, first day of work and last day of work.