As summer approaches, the Division’s construction season is underway. Crews are out performing repairs on the City’s infrastructure. Some additional responsibilities of the Division are:
- Pruning and elevating trees to increase visibility at intersections and City signage.
- Flood control drainage ditch work per Army Corp of Engineers guidelines.
- Continuation of street sweeping.
- Crack sealing of streets.
- Street repairs.
- New and/or repair of sidewalks.
The summer season brings numerous challenges to the Division, as this time of year; it is called on to respond to various sorts of assignments. On any given day crews respond to:
- Dead animal pickups.
- Emergency tree removal.
- Response for auto accidents.
- Hazardous waste spills.
- Emergency assistance Citywide.