Are the seed catalogs calling your name? City of Keene Parks and Recreation Department is offering space in our Community Gardens for the 2017 growing season.
You can save your spot for this coming season by spotting in at the office. Please be aware of the growing season dates listed below. KPRD will not be out in gardens any earlier.
At the rear of Monadnock View Cemetery, adjacent to Cedarcrest, is a plot of land that KPRD makes available as garden space for the public. For a nominal fee, folks can rent the space for the season and grow their own veggies! There is an agreement form to fill out prior to planting, so stop by the Recreation Center at 312 Washington Street to reserve your space.
Below are the details:
- Cost per plot- $20
- Size of Plot- 19 x 25 feet
- Garden Season will be from the third Monday of May and end by October 1st.
- Garden fees must be paid in full to KPRD before starting any type of work in the garden area.
- Do not use any pesticide.
- City of Keene is not responsible for any of the garden beds.
Gardeners are responsible for the following:
- Maintenance of their own beds, i.e. weeding, planting, harvesting and cleanup of beds at the end of the season.
- If the owner does not do their own end of the year cleanup KPRD will charge the owner $100.
KPRD will be responsible for the following:
- Mowing a garden area a couple times throughout the season
- Rototill it at the start of the season
- Keep the garden hose outside of cemetery maintenance building during the season as a water source for gardeners.
- Main office of KPRD will keep a detailed spread sheet of plots and owner information. They will also collect garden fees yearly.