OUR DEPARTMENT'S MISSION
To support the City's mission, vision, values, strategic goals and objectives by guiding and leading change processes; formulating policies; and ensuring compliance with laws affecting the workforce--all in keeping with the City's Comprehensive Master Plan (CMP).
We do this by 1) providing effective, quality services in employment, professional development, communications, performance management, employee relations, benefits, compensation, and work environments in which employee health and safety are the highest concern; and 2) fostering teamwork and cooperation among departments and employees, which enables them to better serve our external and internal customers.
This allows us to make a positive contribution toward assuring outstanding public service and promoting a strong City government.
Human Resources also plays a role as an agent of change within the City as we strive toward outstanding public service that enhances the quality of life for those who live, learn, work, and enjoy the City of Keene.
8:00 am - 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday
William A. Prokop, Assistant City Manager/Human Resources Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Vicki E. D. Flanders, Human Resources Assistant (email@example.com)
· Provide workforce planning, organizational design, change management, and leadership development guidance and assistance to all departments.
· Provide guidance and personnel-related information to employees and department supervisors.
· Establish and maintain job classification and compensation plans.
· Oversee the City's risk management program as it relates to worker’s compensation and health insurance coverage.
· Recruit, test, complete security checks, and screen applicants for City positions.
· Administer employee benefit programs and wellness activities to improve overall health and safety and reduce healthcare costs.
· Provide advice regarding employee training and efficient use of interns and oversee these programs.
· Maintain strong community and industry relations to maintain open communications and promote common interest.
· Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations that affect our employees; monitor pending employment legislation.
· Maintain positive collective bargaining and employee relations.
· Provide internal management consulting, dispute resolution, and problem solving.
· Oversee employee recognition programs.
· Maintain all personnel records and confidential files pertaining to employee issues.
· Monitor the department's performance to ensure that we are adjusting to the current organization needs.
· Ensure that we have a proactive and effective communications program for our employees.
· Provide strategic, consultative, technical and administrative services that augment productivity, motivation and morale.