The City Attorney provides legal services to the City Council, its various standing and ad-hoc committees, to the boards and commissions of the City and to the City Manager and his department heads. The City Attorney represents the City in all matters in which it has an interest coming before any court, tribunal, quasi-judicial or legislative body, commences and prosecutes all actions and suits to be commenced by the City or any of its officers in his/her official capacity. He appears, defends and advocates the rights or interests of the City in any suit or prosecution wherein any estate, right, privilege, ordinance or act of the City or any breach of any statute or ordinance may be brought into question. In addition, the City Attorney reviews and comments upon all deeds, leases, contracts and other legal interests tendered to him prior to their execution or acceptance and renders all legal opinions as may be requested of him.
The City Attorney is a charter officer of the City of Keene and reports to the City Council.
Thomas P. Mullins, City Attorney
Barbara DiNapoli, Paralegal
Events Coming Up
City of Keene Parks and Recreation Department is offering space in our Community Gardens for the 2015 growing season. At the rear of Monadnock View Cemetery, adjacent to Cedarcrest, is a plot of land that KPRD makes available as garden space for the public. For a nominal fee, folks can rent the space for the season and grow their own veggies! There is an agreement form to fill out prior to planting, so stop by the Recreation Center at 312 Washington Street to reserve your space. Below are the details:
- Cost per plot- $20
- Size of Plot- 19 x 25 feet
- Garden Season will be from the third Monday of May and end by October 1st
- Garden fees must be paid in full to KPRD before starting any type of work in the garden area.
- Do not use any pesticide.
- City of Keene is not responsible for any of the garden beds.
- Gardeners are responsible for the following:
- Maintenance of their own beds, i.e. weeding, planting, harvesting and cleanup of beds at the end of the season.
- If the owner does not do their own end of the year cleanup KPRD will charge the owner $100.
KPRD will be responsible for the following:
- Mowing a garden area a couple times throughout the season
- Rototill it at the start of the season
- Keep the garden hose outside of cemetery maintenance building during the season as a water source for gardeners.
- Main office of KPRD will keep a detailed spread sheet of plots and owner information. They will also collect garden fees yearly.
For more information please call 357-9829.
Thursday, April 23, 2015 (All day) - Monday, May 25, 2015 (All day)
The City of Keene has a unique summer employment opportunity for a limited number of Keene youth.
Approximately 25 City of Keene residents, ages 14 and 15, will be hired to work in various departments throughout the City. Youth Services has designed this program to give Keene youths meaningful part-time summer employment for six weeks, beginning in July. Types of work may include cleaning, maintenance, computer work, grounds keeping or clerical work. No prior work experience is necessary. Work hours will vary from 10-20 hours per week, depending on department needs. Some flexibility in work schedules may be available. Pay rate is $7.25/hr. Click here for an Online Application
Friday, April 24, 2015 - 12:00am - Friday, May 15, 2015 - 4:00pm
Each year during the month of May, the International Code Council promotes Building Safety awareness.
A four week campaign to reinforce the need for a strong and efficient code enforcement system, the adoption of modern and model building codes, and a well-trained professional workforce. Each week brings updated and valuable information ranging from keeping your home and family safe from fires and natural disasters such as floods, hurricanes and tornadoes, to how best to safe money through energy efficiency. Click on the links listed below for more information on Building Safety Month and for each week’s feature.
Friday, May 1, 2015 (All day) - Sunday, May 31, 2015 (All day)
The Heritage Commission and the Keene Music Festival have partnered to put a summer concert series!
Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 1:00pm